Looks Quiet Here!

rcbuff

• 8 months later...

A core of people who used to post on the Morning Sun site came over initially and they seemed to be the most active posters but I don't think anyone is putting the word out that this site is even here. I had some business cards made and hung them up on bulletin boards whenever I went out of the Pittsburg/Girard area for other SEK folks to jump in but few seem interested in posting about local events and happenings.

We have had a few new members since the board came up, but it seems there aren't a lot of people putting the word out about this site. I bought a bunch of business cards to invite people and left them in places like McCune, Parsons, Erie, St. Paul, Ft Scott, Weir, Scammon, Farlington, Walnut, Riverton and Baxter Springs, Iola, Chanute, etc. but although the cards seem to get taken we haven't had anyone sign up from those places that I've been aware of.

I'm glad this forum is available and really wish people would post about local things they know are going on but about the only section that seems to get any interest is the POLITICS forum and the post there aren't always rainbows and unicorns if you know what I mean.

I was around for the Morning Sun forum & remember how glad everyone was to get away from that.  In earlier days, this was a very popular forum but activity has really dropped off the past several years.  I couldn't get on for a couple weeks or so & thought perhaps it had been shut down.  The few others that had been checking in occasionally haven't been around & may have had the same experience.  I hope it will pick up again.  I really like the local discussions, even if they did get a little heated occasionally.

3 hours ago, Kansan said:

8 guests on here right now.  Come on people...join in & share something.

Can't always depend on "guest" count. There's a chance at least some - if not all those numbers are bots, software constructs jumping in and out of sites on the web attempting to drop their "Your car warranty has expired...", "We caN maKe yoU HARdER", "Congratulations you've just one a free $50 Macy's gift card" (or whatever) stuff on various websites.

At least that's my suspicion. What we need is more word of mouth, real people talking to other real people and offering them a platform to talk about local stuff important to them. But then we're also competing with other social media platforms too so you're guess would be as good as mine as to how successful any effort would be.