Biden administration guidance prioritizes race in administering COVID drugs

Kansan

I remember when president Biden attempted to limit agricultural COVID debt relief stipends to only minority farmers...

I think just about everyone except those in the Biden administration and a few WOKE leftists already know it is not only wrong, but illegal to discriminate against someone solely based on the color of a person's skin...

The aid program, part of the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that Congress passed in March, is intended to help farmers who have endured generations of racial discrimination.

Judge, Marcia Morales Howard of U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, in Jacksonville, found that Scott Wynn, a white farmer in Jennings, Fla., who had challenged the program in a lawsuit in May, was likely to succeed on his claim that the program violates his right to equal protection under the law.

“Section 1005’s rigid, categorical, race-based qualification for relief is the antithesis of flexibility,” Judge Howard wrote. “The debt relief provision applies strictly on racial grounds irrespective of any other factor.

I won't deny people of color might be at higher risks of serious illness because of their socio-economic situation - but those socio-economic conditions are not exclusive to people of color... Therefore I truly believe suggesting certain people given preference for medical treatment, solely based on a person's race, since the common risk factors effect whites and people of color, the premise that people of color should be given preferential medical treatment is not only discriminatory but racist as well. What some people used to call 'reverse racism'.