AP: Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses

Don

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has stopped the Biden administration from enforcing a requirement that employees at large businesses be vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo weekly testing and wear a mask on the job.

At the same time, the court is allowing the administration to proceed with a vaccine mandate for most health care workers in the U.S.

The court’s orders Thursday during a spike in coronavirus cases was a mixed bag for the administration’s efforts to boost the vaccination rate among Americans.

The court's conservative majority concluded the administration overstepped its authority by seeking to impose the vaccine-or-test rule on U.S. businesses with at least 100 employees. More than 80 million people would have been affected.

Ditto, as I suspected it was ruled an overreach of Biden's presidential authority...

Since the post I've also read both Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va have stated they oppose lowering the 60-vote filibuster threshold to more easily pass the Democrat federal voting rights bill... also something I believe is the right decision.

The U.S. Constitution strictly limits the federal government's powers when it comes to it's influence on elections and reserves those rights to the individual states...

I see the Democrat's attempt to kill the filibuster and pass federalized voting laws as little more than a federal power grab from the states and worse an alteration of the powers and limitations of the federal government specifically given by the Constitution, without consensus or ratification from the states or the people.

Biden even stated that he doubted he had the presidential authority to pass federal Covid mandates which is why he attempted to do the initial end run, bypassing Congress by having OSHA impose the mandates and when that didn't work he even (not too wisely) stated he's going to go ahead and try it because by the time it gets court review it would be done - or something like that.

... too tired to try to find Biden's statement right now.