Progressive Policies on Parade

Don

3 hours ago, DonF said:

you speak of negativity and yet you are the one claiming  electric cars are a bad thing , that solar is bad that alternative and renewable energies are bad some how but  fossil fuels are good. and yes thats what you have done with your "progressive policies " bashing 

Another false statement, show me anywhere I've indicated electric cars are a bad thing... of course you can't because no such statement exists.

I have said the infrastructure for supporting electric vehicles is woefully lacking and suggested perhaps it would be a good thing to correct that before insisting everyone get one.
I have also stated the costs of electric vehicles are nearly double of a comparable fossil fuel vehicle and perhaps steps should be taken to make them more affordable before outlawing less expensive versions.
I've also pointed out the additional costs of residential charging stations and the additional energy costs E-vehicle owners will incur and on top of that the high costs of maintenance and battery replacement which which not everyone can afford.
And I've pointed out the lack of a cohesive plan to address disposal of used lithium batteries used to power electric vehicles which I personally believe should be at least considered before flooding landfills and disposal sites with the toxic remains. Currently about 50% of disused lithium car batteries can be recycled but the process is costly and there aren't many facilities equipped to do so. Currently some of those facilities have a backlog of months and that's with the few E-vehicles we currently have.

No, I've never said electric cars are bad, as a matter of fact I'd prefer one myself, but until I can be assured I'll be able to find a recharging site if I decide do take a roadtrip, can affordably install and use residential recharging without having to mortgage my house to pay for my electric bill and am fairly assured I won't just be trading one form of pollution for another when I dispose of my used battery, I'll stick with what I have - what I know I can refuel and operate.

Instead of a concerted push for E-vehicles why not a lead in with more hybrid type vehicles? They would be less polluting, still be able to run in the absence of E-charging availability and because of their hybrid nature decrease the amount of E-waste when and if a battery needs to be replaced... I suspect because in the typical "my way or no way" progressive mindset of climate alarmists anything resembling a compromise, a total capitulation to their mandate is unacceptable.

Likewise you will be incapable of finding any mention of me saying solar is bad... that's another lie.

I have said solar is inefficient compared to most of our current energy sources, I've said solar power systems take a greater land area to generate just a portion of the power generated by coal, fuel and gas powered energy production and that solar power generation is unreliable because unless there is adequate sunshine, the power generation suffers... and finally I've stated the lack of a universal plan to safely dispose of solar panels is not only a problem but an environmental catastrophe waiting to happen if it is not properly addressed.

I've said these thing not because I oppose solar energy production, I don't, not at all but none the less those are all factual statements and as I mentioned before it seems to me to be unwise to push for the elimination of dependable and reliable energy production methods since realistically we have neither the technological means nor the infrastructure to replace it presently... 

The rest of your pontification is similarly devoid of anything truth or factuality, but I believe clearly indicative of the progressive mindset you referred to, making exaggerated false claims in an attempt to cast disparagement on those with whom you disagree or dislike...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok fine I work on ripping these claims apart
first off infrastructure of our power grid is woefully lacking its one major thing slowing  wind generation , the turbine will generate the power but we dont have a grid capable of handling it , which is why you see many turbines in wind farms sitting idle . 
but lets look at your claim on solar taking greater land area , which is false if you take into account the land destroyed during the mining of coal . which you dont seem to factor in , nore the land area for the coal fired plant and coal storage around that plant .  you also claim the disposal of the solar cells after their life time < 
well they are mostly glass which is easily recycled , the copper and other metals can be reclaimed as well  so that argument falls flat as well , Especially when you consider the amounts of coal ash that have to be disposed of over the life time of a coal fired plant, let alone the waste created when dismantaling that plant when its service life is over .
Fact is Solar and Wind both work out to be  carbon neutral  and nearly every component can be recycled . 
I know I know  what about the Blades that were buried , they can now be dug up and recycled into numerous things  even pavement. 
     Now lets address electric cars , Tesla have built a number of solar powered charging station in california , when not charging their car any extra power produced is sent into the power grid . But lets go back to waste of land , every parking lot every bare roof  is a waste of space that could be utilized to produce solar power . there are already solar roofing materials that are in use providing both protection from the weather while producing power . Believe me shingles dont. the average house over an 80 year life span dumps over 20 tons of shingle waste in land fills . but lets just complain about solar and wind . 
maybe we should look at the actual numbers 
in the US in 2020 there were 4.01 trillion kilowatt hours of electricity produced , that process also produced 1.55 billion metric tons of carbon, 
now lets take a look at cars , the average car in the us produces 4.6 metric tons of carbon every year , thats just the emissions for 1 gas engine . 
Cant say I didnt warn ya . keep going Im more than happy to shoot down your arguments with the facts 

no you are against solar or wind  and yet you have posted against both  in the last few months 

if you arent against them why post against them 

13 hours ago, DonF said:

Ok fine I work on ripping these claims apart
first off infrastructure of our power grid is woefully lacking its one major thing slowing  wind generation , the turbine will generate the power but we dont have a grid capable of handling it , which is why you see many turbines in wind farms sitting idle . 

Nice try but no cigar...

consistency-sm.jpg.4ed1f9a4bd9a0cc09cb2a9910e01021f.jpg

Yes the infrastructure is inadequate... I've already mentioned that multiple times, but instead of replacing or improving the power grid and storage capacity we're planting wind turbines which as you said have to be shut down because the grid can't handle it... hence my previous 'horse before the cart' reference.

An improved and updated power grid would not only handle the power generated by wind turbines, it would also readily handle power from fossil fuel plants too, so wouldn't it make sense to upgrade the infrastructure - the power grid - first, before spending so much effort and money on wind turbine farms since most of the power grid we have now can't handle the from solar/wind generated power?

Ponder that if you need to...

13 hours ago, DonF said:

but lets look at your claim on solar taking greater land area , which is false if you take into account the land destroyed during the mining of coal . which you dont seem to factor in , nore the land area for the coal fired plant and coal storage around that plant .

Yet another typical piece of misleading information... I'm talking about the space needed for power generation, you've deflected to the space needed for harvesting the material to generate power... not all of it of course you only mention coal which is necessarily invasive and completely ignore petroleum and gas  harvesting which necessitates a much smaller land footprint even with the raw material harvesting to power the plants.

Misdirection is typical to some your presentations, so speaking of the mining of the materials needed to fuel or manufacture power generation methods...

Let's start by looking at coal mining.

This is a typical coal production pit -

coal_pit.jpg.18f6dd32f45cf56853f94d367cb6df48.jpg

Admittedly a nasty eyesore and not at all environmentally friendly is it?

Now let's examine some of the toxic rare earth and metals used to make a solar panel and how they are harvested... like Tin - Lead - Antimony - Tellurium - Indium - Aluminum and Cadmium just to name a few - 

tin_pit.jpg.17ad079c38eb6640789110075458785c.jpglead_pit.jpg.dc18d9ea83300f346c399cafdc66b49e.jpgantimony_pit.jpg.3acab28a674e1b17a25b668eae668b5b.jpgtellurium-pit.jpg.a3709e99382b667685ca3e850d4fd570.jpgindium_pit.jpg.3381f0767c4937b116ba2116f050b49e.jpgaluminum_pit.jpg.ba292c6ac10c251f28dd127ba2594e4e.jpg726403932_cadmium_pit_jp_jpg.0244061f482db4b7c182b74bd6fccbb6.jpg

One coal pit for raw material for to power coal operated power plants, -vs- at least Seven pits to harvest SOME of the materials necessary to fabricate solar panels... but of course you probably knew all of this information is readily accessible for anyone interested in actual facts rather than misleading talking points.

Care to try make your case for the environmental destruction caused by coal mining again? 1110331127_smileyscarcasmalert.png.02d4a181c679235f45db509cca019c6c.png

Also the statistics for the amount of recyclable material harvested from dead lithium batteries and solar panels is also readily available for anyone interested in actual facts instead of unsupported talking points... while it is a fact that between 45% - 75% of the materials in solar panels CAN be recycled only about 10% of the solar panels retired are actually recycled because their just isn't the facilities available to handle solar panel recycling...

14 hours ago, Don said:

...and finally I've stated the lack of a universal plan to safely dispose of solar panels is not only a problem but an environmental catastrophe waiting to happen if it is not properly addressed.

Again the progressive tendency to place the cart before the horse...

Shouldn't we make sure we have the protocols and the facilities necessary to recycle at least the present number of solar panels we have retiring now before implementing a nation wide push to produce, use and retire even more solar panels?

And I've already previously posted reference links as to the capability of solar panel recycling and don't care to repeat facts you've either forgotten or ignored.

13 hours ago, DonF said:

Fact is Solar and Wind both work out to be  carbon neutral  and nearly every component can be recycled . 

What you claim to be fact... isn't quite accurate... as I already mentioned there is no universally accepted standard for disposing of solar panels, some states may have mandates in place, most don't but even the places that do claim to have regulations on the proper disposal of inoperable solar panels can't enforce them very well because few panels are registered and unless someone is caught red handed tossing a solar panel in a landfill of in a roadside ditch somewhere no one knows where those panels come from...

As for the recycling of wind turbines, I've previously posted about that as well and while much of the kinetic hardware that actually converts wind to energy can be recycled, there currently is no system or plan to safely dispose of fiberglass wind turbine blades so presently the conventional plan is to simply bury then in a landfill somewhere where they will probably remain for centuries as the fiberglass used in the blade production is not biodegradable.

As for the rest of your bloviating diatribe for the most part just more inaccurate pontification and misdirection.

Is_What_It_Is-3.jpg.ad445a51e242fdbd7dd9635ccab0d6c4.jpg

2067268210_Cant_Argue_With_Facts-2.jpg.c527f4831a9da2ade4c14b63e8a65722.jpg

Talk about misleading there Don 
In the US alone there are still 551 coal mines operating  thats just in the US  China has more 
there are only 160 rare earth mines world wide .
lithium one of the key elements inb the current battery production is mined in the same way table salt is  in many places  by drilling a hole and pumping water down to create a brine  , ya see lithium is a salt

it similar to fracking for gas  but instead of using toxic fracking fluid it uses  clean water . 

Try as you might your claims of pollution caused by solar or wind dont even come close to the pollution from fossil fuels , not in land mass used , or tons of waste . its a strawman  and major fail
silicon being the major component of solar cells  thats right sand quartz sand, the copper and gallium amounts are minute in comparison. 
You should really do more research before starting such an Asinine argument, you have a better chance carrying water in a wire basket. 
again I tried to tell you not to dig this hole 
you are working on ten year old tech if you believe turbine blades can not be recycled , theres actually a new industry growing  doing just that .
as for oh the infrastructure 
well build it and they will come 
even locally we have been seeing improvements being made to the grid to provide for such power generation  and if you look at history that has always been the case 
water towers were built before water lines laid , power plants built before power lines were built , cars were built before highways existed or gas stations , So that argument is also false 
Basicly  every one of your arguments are based on false assumptions and false or misleading claims at best.
Most of which are put out by the fossil fuel industry and unsupported by actual facts
you are of course free to continue making an ass of yourself  or you could simply quit while you are behind 

7 hours ago, DonF said:

Talk about misleading there Don 
In the US alone there are still 551 coal mines operating  thats just in the US  China has more 
there are only 160 rare earth mines world wide .

Yes, let's talk about misleading...

There are many more coal mines than rare earth recovery sites, but mining coal isn't what environmentalist are cautioning against, I didn't even mention the environmental impact of mining for components used in the production of solar panels because it's irrelevant to the topic.

It's the burning of coal rather than mining it that is said to increase the detrimental effects of climate change. The number of operating coal mines is little more than another pathetic attempt to deflect the conversation to something completely unrelated to the discussion.

But let's continue with your diversion to coal mining just for a bit, yes the U.S. has about 550 operational coal mines, Indonesia has approximately 600, Russia has about 300 and China/Mongolia has over 900 coal production sites and that's just three nations out of 195. Even if we eliminated every coal production site in the U.S. which would negatively impact the U.S. economy, that would still leave thousands of coal production sites globally and our economic and energy loss would be their gain.

If we eliminated every single coal powered energy plant in the U.S. (roughly 240) that that would still leave thousands of coal fired power power plants across the globe supplying 36% of total global energy.  According to a 2008 publication from the EIA, about 23% of the U.S. energy production comes from coal power plants whereas 55-56% of China's energy is produced from burning coal... China has nearly 3,000 coal fired power plants, a full third of them being constructed in the past 10 to 15 years. 

We can eliminate every fossil fuel transportation and energy production method in the United States, but that would just put our nation at more of a economic, manufacturing and security disadvantage while empowering foreign nations some of them who have overtly expressed hostility to the United States and realistically, only minimally improve the climate impact from coal fired energy production.

I am not and never have suggested the complete abandonment of less polluting alternatives in favor of fossil fuels, as a matter of fact I support it, but radically pushing for alternate energy production methods without the necessary technology and infrastructure to support our current energy needs, let alone future energy needs seems a bit irresponsible to me...

What I am suggesting is a modicum of intelligence when considerations of what kinds of alternate fuel sources we as a global interest should be researching and investing in. Providing the better and more reliable alternate energy production methods, put in place the proper infrastructure and sufficient safe disposal methods before (or at least in tandem) with the increase of alternate sustainable energy production methods and the call to eliminate fossil fuel use.

Again possibly consider making hybrid vehicles that run on gas and battery power more available before attempting to completely eliminate combustion engines and replace them with E-vehicles, until the technological advancements, infrastructure and disposal methods are in place to allow for a less radical attempt to transfer away one method to another... and that's about all I have to say on the subject.

Ok first off thats a flat out lie 
Im not sure what orifice you pulled that claim out of but it belongs in the septic tank.
nice try at diversion yourself there Donnie boy but try as you might it still failed epically 

environmentalists have been screaming about coal mining for decades, 
do you have any idea how many super fund coal sites we had here in southeast kansas alone , and no Im not talking about the recent chat pile clean ups I mean the shale dump clean ups of the late 80s.
   It would be nice if you attempted to use a modicum of intelligence when making an argument but so far that has not been the case when it comes to renewable energies 
Have you dug the hole deep enough yet or are you trying to reach china

On 9/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, DonF said:

trumper1.jpg

With just a bit of cross posting this seems like the proper place to respond to this meme...

Did anyone else happen to see the roadside flags in Pittsburg yesterday with the messages: "Let's go Brandon" and something about Trump? There was also a bus that had a "Sistas for Trump" with the images of a black 'Rosie the riveter' on it... 

Yet the persistent progressive message seems to repeatedly contend Trump supporters are all racists, white supremacists, angry white males... yada', yada', yada.

For anyone who's been watching social media or YouTube videos about actual Trump supporters no doubt some have seen people of color, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Blacks and even women who have been at Trump rallies and support gatherings with quite a few photos of African American protesters holding "Blacks for Trump" signs and banners like the ones seen at the Mar-A-Lago protests.

blacks_for_trump.jpg.afa716b58a688dc7488e1cdc4ee43e24.jpg

Yet progressives and deranged anti-Trumpers insist on trying to convince people of the false narrative that all Trump supporters, hate Blacks, and Hispanics are singularly comprised of angry, violent white men, even in the face of irrefutable evidence that many of Trump's supporters are female and of every race and ethnicity possible.

I guess as usual we can either believe what the deranged haters keep trying to tell us or we can believe what we see with our own eyes huh?

When just about every anti-Trump and anti-Trump supporter claim they try to toss out is either an obvious misrepresentation or an outright lie, progressives and the TDS inflicted repeatedly try to claim one of the the reasons they hate Trump is: "because he lies"... funny that ~

Yeah,  for the flip side I'll admit there are some less then desirable, zealot and bigoted Trump supporters...

Within just about any group I can think of there will always be some undesirables and wrong doers although it seems leftist seem inclined to deny such even when it's irrefutably pointed out to them... but for me at least it seems quite evident that much of the complaints and negativity directed at Trump and Trump supporters are based on lies, blatant false/misleading information and intentional misrepresentation.

The  graphic posted above would be a perfect example...

Is_What_It_Is-3.jpg.54d400f924374d99ddd907fc4196d2b3.jpg

2_cents.jpg

This is called moving the goal posts a tactic used when  a trumper has lost and refuses to admit it .
you failed on your attempt to paint progressive policies as bad , failed in your attempt to degrade alternative energies  so now you try switch the subject.
thats cool we know you failed on the other topics  might as well get your ars handed to you on this one as well .

Your own posts have clearly shown your personal racist bias , everytime white protestors are shown carrying arms or attacking the capitol you trot out every Black protest you can dig up , every time a white shooter is brought up up trot out black shooters rather than address the subject .

In this case you attempt to deny the racist nature of a majority of the trump supporters . 
Its no secret that many white supremist groups support trump , the KKK, the proud boys , the oath keepers, members of storm front, the american Nazi party, skin heads, the Aryan brotherhood . Truth is you would be hard pressed to find a white supremist group that doesnt support trump , with his racist rants against brown people  and Asians. his rallies of hate filled rants  that feed into their own insecurities , fears and bias's .
the reality is what bothers you most about the meme I posted to political humor is that it was accurate  and hit home on your own nature that you try so hard to deny. 
But go ahead try to deny the groups I listed , try to deny they give their support to trump, try to deny that white supremist's as a whole support trump give it your best shot, because you wont have a leg to stand on , all the facts are on my side .
sure you can point to a few trump supporters of color but it doesnt negate the thousands of white supremist's that do as well and that make up the majority of his supporters 

It is what it is 

and what it is , is racists support him 

what you post was is another lame attempt to draw attention away from your latests massive failure in debating alternative energies and other progressive policies 
policies that have produced more new jobs than any point in history, 

policies that have lead to fuel prices dropping for every day for the last 88

policies that have gotten the infrastructure bills passed 

capped prescription drug costs for seniors 

policies that have cut deficit spending

and yet you continue to strut around like you won 

trumper2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

NY Times: Why California Bans State-Funded Travel to Nearly Half of States

A 2016 law banning travel to states with anti-L.G.B.T.Q. policies is in the spotlight.

In 2016, amid national outcry over a North Carolina law preventing transgender people from using restrooms that aligned with their gender identity, California countered with its own legislation.

California lawmakers banned state-funded travel to any state that enacted anti-L.G.B.T.Q. laws. The boycott was a way to “fight back against the discriminatory policies passed in states like North Carolina,” its author, Assemblyman Evan Low, said at the time.

The law, which applied to four states when enacted, seemed mostly symbolic. It wasn’t expected to deal a major financial blow to the banned states, and California doesn’t track how much money has been withheld as a result of the law.

At least partly to blame is a summer vacation that Gov. Gavin Newsom took to Montana, which is on the list of banned states. Personal travel isn’t off-limits and Newsom’s office says his state-funded security detail doesn’t violate the law. But the optics were attention-grabbing, coming right after he railed against Republican-led states for embracing conservative policies.

The trip also drew attention to just how much the ban has widened since its early days. The law was written so that states would be added to the list if they passed discriminatory legislation in the future.

And amid a wave of anti-transgender laws in statehouses nationwide, the number of banned states has grown to 22 from four. The latest list was announced last month by Attorney General Rob Bonta, who is required to update the list and who voted for the bill when he was a Democratic assemblyman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/19/us/california-state-funded-travel-bans.html

Nor does Governor Newsom's trip to Texas to be guest speaker at a Democrat political rally appear to be on the list of "exceptions" (*Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (c).) that would allow individuals to travel to banned states...

The original four states were:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Louisiana
  • Utah

https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/attorney-general-bonta-california-will-restrict-state-funded-travel-arizona

Presently there are 22 states listed on California's Travel Ban list including...

• Montana where California Governor Newsome frequently visits for "vacations" and

Newsom_In_Montana.jpg.95123c5af09df8aa22c93e12c79398ca.jpg

• Texas where California Gov. Newsom visited this week appearing to flout his own state’s Travel Ban laws as he was invited to be a guest speaker at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, where Newsom called for an overhaul of Democrats' political strategy suggesting his party should try to become more aggressive saying presently he believes Democrats are too timid, often forced to play defense to Republicans.

Newsom_In_Texas.jpg.5a0b3310bb60279a29912053b16f4436.jpg

https://festival-platform.texastribune.org/agenda/speakers/1709076

Legislation_Rules_Dems.jpg.d4e24a8a06c0c542eb5859a9095df2a8.jpg

Is_What_It_Is-3.jpg.92aad8ddaddc89b94fb743532ae78d1e.jpg

States Subject to AB 1887’s Travel Prohibition

The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Mississippi
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • West Virginia

*https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887

2 hours ago, DonF said:

Ok so the Gov has to pay for his own travel expenses  
If you actually read the law its pretty vague  as are the exemptions 

Yeah I "actually read the law", including the specific list of exceptions, restrictions and allowances...
I also wanted to allow everyone who wanted to, to read it for themselves... which is why I included the link.

2 hours ago, Don said:

Nor does Governor Newsom's trip to Texas to be guest speaker at a Democrat political rally appear to be on the list of "exceptions" (*Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (c).) that would allow individuals to travel to banned states...
*https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887

But doesn't anyone else think it a little off when Newsom etal. declares a state so bad, they are put on a banned list for any type of government/official travel {excluding the exceptions} and also discourages private citizens from visiting/doing business in those states, but Newsom apparently thinks a couple of them are so great he repeatedly vacations in one of the banned states - whether or not he pays his own way - and goes to a festival in another banned state, to talk party politics?

Seems a bit like the attitude of a progressive elitist to me... thinking rules {laws} should apply to everyone - except himself and his inner circle.

newsom_rules_for_thee.jpg.7fb75fcd4ea157b699717716c80880e1.jpg

But then I suppose that's nothing new for the Governor of California...

newsom-rams-stadium.jpg.027ad63664c01b8dc8d2ab3d66ed2d45.jpg

1788710851_Cant_Argue_With_Facts-short.jpg.692e4dffcbed6780fc7d04c7389ab91d.jpg

the trip to texas could be one of the exceptions in that hes going there to provide support to change those laws.as I said the law and the exceptions are quite vague 
as that law is written an exception would be to go to one of those states to pick up someone in the LGBT community and provide them safe transport to california 
personally its a poorly written and poorly thought out law that should never have been passed .
But since we are pretending to show concerns about state funding breaking laws 
How about we point out 12 million illegally spent by Desantis to illegally transport (human traffic , supported by the false pamplets given to entice asylum seekers onto the planes) or Abbott bussing  undocumented aliens to other states something that can only be legally done by properly authorized federal agents . Thus both are guilty of no less than three felonies . 

12 hours ago, DonF said:

the trip to texas could be one of the exceptions in that hes going there to provide support to change those laws.as I said the law and the exceptions are quite vague 
as that law is written an exception would be to go to one of those states to pick up someone in the LGBT community and provide them safe transport to california 
personally its a poorly written and poorly thought out law that should never have been passed .
But since we are pretending to show concerns about state funding breaking laws 
How about we point out 12 million illegally spent by Desantis to illegally transport (human traffic , supported by the false pamplets given to entice asylum seekers onto the planes) or Abbott bussing  undocumented aliens to other states something that can only be legally done by properly authorized federal agents . Thus both are guilty of no less than three felonies . 

Previously you suggested I "actually read the law", might I suggest you follow your own advice...

Although you claim the exceptions list is vague, I find it sufficiently explanatory to determine being invited as a guest speaker to talk about political party platforms not among the list of exceptions... 

If you can point out differently from the quoted exceptions list below, please feel free to do so ~

Exceptions

The Legislature created exceptions in AB 1887 that allow travel to banned states in certain circumstances. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (c).) These exceptions only apply if travel to a subject state is "required." (Ibid.)

Specifically, AB 1887 does not apply to state travel that is required for any of the following purposes:

Enforcement of California law, including auditing and revenue collection.

Litigation.

To meet contractual obligations incurred before January 1, 2017.

To comply with requests by the federal government to appear before committees.

To participate in meetings or training required by a grant or required to maintain grant funding.

To complete job-required training necessary to maintain licensure or similar standards required for holding a position, in the event that comparable training cannot be obtained in California or a different state not subject to the travel prohibition.

For the protection of public health, welfare, or safety, as determined by the affected agency, department, board, authority, or commission, or by the affected legislative office.

(Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (c).)

Deflection-03(sm).jpg.85554022e1ac4c9d49a037cc41dc41e0.jpg

Yeah, nice try with the attempted deflection/misdirection of the topic to immigration and DeSantis from a discussion of the hypocrisy the California Governor signing into law a travel ban to specific states - then repeated violating his own state's law for personal and political convenience...

Unfortunately it is also another obvious fail...

consistency-sm.jpg.bb3e48b4be0131d130d32ed8c0aa4beb.jpg

Just_sayin-sm.jpg.ceea36885c8b7394d0851ca091083592.jpg

I did read it which is why I said what I did its very vague  and nearly impossible to enforce  because of its wording in both the law and the exemptions 
actually desantis and abbott werent a deflection just a statement of fact and an example of your own hypocrisy on such matters 
you are concerned when a democrat may have violated a law but ignore when republicans have blatantly violated  the law 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, DonF said:

you are concerned when a democrat may have violated a law but ignore when republicans have blatantly violated  the law 

The part I find so hypercritical about your statement is you never offer a single word of condemnation when multiple Democrats violated not just a law... but laws of their own making, laws they publicly advocated, supported and a laws they allowed others to be prosecuted for violating...

But you want to try to condemn me for ignoring Republicans for doing something which both president Biden and Biden's Department of Justice are fully aware of but have not criminally charged either of them for... so have they really violated the law as you say - or is that just your usual TDS inspired political bias speaking again?

Fry_Inquiring_Minds.jpg.4c8e4f76de1995ec42dd2403b63ca29e.jpg

But back to the topic, this may come as a shock to some, although I consider a lot of (most actually) liberal/progressive policies to be disruptive, nonsensical and counter productive, apparently there are some I at least halfway support... who knew?

AP News: Biden pardons thousands for ‘simple possession’ of marijuana

President Joe Biden is pardoning thousands of Americans convicted of “simple possession” of marijuana under federal law, as his administration takes a dramatic step toward decriminalizing the drug and addressing charging practices that disproportionately impact people of color.

Biden’s move also covers thousands convicted of the crime in the District of Columbia. He is also calling on governors to issue similar pardons for those convicted of state marijuana offenses, which reflect the vast majority of marijuana possession cases.

Biden, in a statement, said the move reflects his position that “no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana.”

“Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana,” he added. “It’s time that we right these wrongs.”

https://apnews.com/article/biden-marijuana-government-and-politics

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/10/06/granting-pardon-for-the-offense-of-simple-possession-of-marijuana/

It never made sense to me that drinking and smoking were legal, yet the personal possession and consumption of natural occurring vegetation, possessing or imbibing in something anyone could find growing in the wild would be considered a criminal offense...

In full disclosure I'm also in favor of the federal government removing marijuana from it list of illegal Schedule 1 Controlled Substances... but then I think we already covered most of that when former president Obama more or less instructed the Department of Justice and suggested other law enforcement to ignore criminal prosecution of transactions pertaining to pot and allowing the open sale of weed for recreational use.

It's either legal or it isn't and according to the federal government possession, distribution or financial transactions involving the sale or purchase of marijuana is illegal, so how can anyone who took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and the laws of the land possibly justify telling people: "I know it's illegal - but you can do it anyway"?

In effect that's the same thing president Biden is doing, bypassing Congress and the federal government's own law by telling people: "you broke the law - but I'm not going to let you be punished for it...

As I said, I tacitly support president Biden deciding to pardon people arrested charged and incarcerated for simple possession (not for distribution or sale)... but really wished he petitioned Congress to remove marijuana from the federal government's list of Controlled substances either before or in conjunction with his Executive Order instead of giving the appearance of selective abetment, the ability to ignore some laws while expecting everyone else to abide by existing laws. 

Wait... does that make me a progressive!?! confused.png.b9fd6a26b71f4b244a8e81c134f2990d.png

He used a pardon because he knows as does anyone else with half a brain that the republicans would again block de criminalizing pot 
They have done so before in large part because they havent yet figured out how to profit from it legalization 
Its telling that in some states that have legalized it  the same republicans that voted against legalization are now heavily invested in it privately (though many have long been invested in illegal drugs )

On 10/8/2022 at 12:30 PM, DonF said:

He used a pardon because he knows as does anyone else with half a brain that the republicans would again block de criminalizing pot 
They have done so before in large part because they havent yet figured out how to profit from it legalization 
Its telling that in some states that have legalized it  the same republicans that voted against legalization are now heavily invested in it privately (though many have long been invested in illegal drugs )

Smiley-ROFLMAO.gif.1629f3c89a1d7a84c8533d07dd096fc8.gif

He issued the pardon because anyone with half a brain knows mid-term elections are coming up in about a month and the Democrats are desperate to raise their constituent approval level with sky high inflation and gas prices, crime running rampant in so many American cities and a reported disapproval rating for the direction of the nation over 50% the left appears to be getting desperate.

Even formerly viewed leftist news networks are breaking stories about how funding from Biden's American Rescue Plan, which is supposed to go to support "small business enterprises" going to progressive left agencies for pro-choice abortion lobbyists (but no such funding for pro-life organizations), groups like the Queer Cultural Center in San Francisco that hosted a "drag story hour" and face painting for children at the public library. 

The federally funded National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), is giving cash grants to groups like the Center for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Art & Culture which offers financial support and services exclusive to the LGBTQ+ community (straights need not apply) and a group called "Fresh Meat Productions", a transgender dance studio in San Francisco was also funded by the American Rescue Act. Fresh Meat Productions fund and support actors like the one who offers a breathing exercise meant for "Black, Brown and Indigenous folks" who "still have to deal with White people’s bullshit."

I get it, in an inclusive society we're supposed to be able to support and accommodate all people regardless of their predilections, proclivities, lifestyles, and racial and ethnic views... but when it becomes so obviously one sided that even left leaning major news networks are talking about where the funding is going - and not going, it seems someone might be thinking a distraction is needed to refocus the public's attention - hence the pardon for those currently incarcerated for simple possession...

Plus with Biden and the Democrats approval numbers down from their usually supportive minority groups, releasing people who were sent to prison for simple possession many of whom appear to be among the minority groups bleeding from the left's support collective I suspect some believe is a way to try to bolster their approval rating.

Of course I suppose we're all just supposed to forget that Senator Joe Biden was one of the chief architects and supporter of the "three strikes" crime bill that was signed into law by then president Bill Clinton back in the day... the same crime bill, which according to vice-president Kamala Harris at the 2020 presidential race debate: "contributed to a massive mass incarceration problem"... where people convicted of three felony charges were sentenced to serve mandatory prison time. 

New York Times:  ‘Lock the S.O.B.s Up’: Joe Biden and the Era of Mass Incarceration

{Joe Biden} now plays down his role overhauling crime laws with segregationist senators in the ’80s and ’90s. That portrayal today is at odds with his actions and rhetoric back then.

In September 1994, as President Bill Clinton signed the new Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act in an elaborately choreographed ceremony on the south lawn of the White House, Joseph R. Biden Jr. sat directly behind the president’s lectern, flashing his trademark grin.

For Mr. Clinton, the law was an immediate follow-through on his campaign promise to focus more federal attention on crime prevention. But for Mr. Biden, the moment was the culmination of his decades-long effort to more closely marry the Democratic Party and law enforcement, and to transform the country’s criminal justice system in the process. He had won.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/joe-biden-crime-laws.html

Biden had boasted in 1993 during a speech on the Senate floor that Democrats must commit themselves to, “Take Back the Streets", from criminals and "druggies" using anti crime rhetoric like his infamous "Lock the S.O.B.'s up" comment...

And before the 1994 habitual offender law was substantially altered, being caught three times in possession of a federally categorized controlled substance, like marijuana could lead to some serious time.

for a couple years now everytime a protest is brought up a certain poster  is very quick to claim how leftist protestors destroy property and burn things 
Yet here is just another example of who was actually burning things and damaging property as well as defrauding 
Feds Say Trump Fan Faked 'Biden 2020' Attack on Own Home in $300K Scam (businessinsider.com)

A Trump supporter falsely claimed his garage was burned by left-wing extremists in a $300,000 insurance-scam attempt, federal prosecutors say. 

Dennis Molla, of Minnesota, set his own garage on fire after scrawling it with graffiti of an anarchy symbol, BLM, and Biden 2020 during the last presidential election campaign, according to an indictment reviewed by Insider. Prosecutors said Molla wanted to defraud insurers by claiming he had been politically targeted.

His story gained widespread sympathetic media coverage as he described discovering that his home had been attacked.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:52 AM, DonF said:

11 hours ago, DonF said:

for a couple years now everytime a protest is brought up a certain poster  is very quick to claim how leftist protestors destroy property and burn things 
Yet here is just another example of who was actually burning things and damaging property as well as defrauding 
Feds Say Trump Fan Faked 'Biden 2020' Attack on Own Home in $300K Scam (businessinsider.com)

Smiley-ROFLMAO.gif.1629f3c89a1d7a84c8533d07dd096fc8.gif

You can always tell when someone's position becomes indefensible, because there tends to be a major topic change as an attempted distraction...

Of course anyone could always start their own thread if they have an off-topic post, or lack anything cogent to offer in rebuttal to a topic... but that would be much less disruptive than trying to hijack a topic into something else completely unrelated.

Thread_Hijack-01.jpg.5bb3746f92027f3febf278ea7059483c.jpg

Nice_Try_No_Cigar-2.jpg.bf80876aae0d8e757994c03369a720f8.jpg

well thats something you do quite often try to change the subject, My post how ever doesnt do that 
my post addresses your earlier posts claiming the progressive policies lead to violent destructive riots  by liberal progressives  blaming them for destruction of property and setting fire  breaking windows and so forth.
   My post simply shows  as I have stated many time you were wrong as to who was actually causing the damage.
here we have a trumper trying to cash in with fraud , a fairly typical thing for trump supporters to do , rather like the support the blue patch on the guy beating a capitol policeman with a flag pole . 

In just about every parade people can usually find at least one participant that appears to draw special attention because of their interesting and provocative display...

Apparently this parade is no different ~

Clowns_Jokers.jpg.0dc060b6965d8f47dacde8d7170fef5a.jpg

^
Me

If she became republican in 2020 its rather obvious shes either been drinking Flint Mich water, , Stopped taking her meds or suffered a traumatic brain injury 
Its republicans who are constantly attacking  our rights 

voting rights 

civil rights 

reproductive rights 

educational rights 

hell a republican controlled supreme court has been removing your rights and you cheer 
you no longer need be mirandized , , no 4th amendment rights 

15 hours ago, DonF said:

If she became republican in 2020 its rather obvious shes either been drinking Flint Mich water, , Stopped taking her meds or suffered a traumatic brain injury 
Its republicans who are constantly attacking  our rights 

voting rights 

civil rights 

reproductive rights 

educational rights 

hell a republican controlled supreme court has been removing your rights and you cheer 
you no longer need be mirandized , , no 4th amendment rights 

Opinion-vs-Truth.jpg.18308dd9a730e3a5f7f8510f95727de7.jpg

Continued...